Sunday, September 12, 2010

Emma Kate has been a busy girl!

Well, we have had quite the weekend! Emma Kate has done lots of things for the first time. She is not always willing to do them again for us. She thinks we are silly when we get so excited. Okay, so here they are.....
1. pulling to a stand- this is really hard for her but she is able to do it. It is easier if she is holding our hands but she has done it pulling up on the couch.
2. cruising the furniture- she will side step using the furniture to hold her up- she usually does this trying to get something like one of her toys or the remote control.
3. playing on her knees- she is actually doing this a lot where she is on her knees playing with a toy.
4. waving, not the high five wave but actually moving her hand back and forth. She did this a lot this evening but it was mostly at us or the tv.
5. (drum roll please) saying ma ma; now I have been trying to get her to say ma ma or da da for quite a while so she is used to me saying it. When she said it, she was repeating what I said and we were in the car getting out. Calvin was getting her out of the carseat and I was getting out of the backseat. She said very slowly and deliberatly, ma ma (with the cutest little voice) well, Calvin and I both stopped and looked at each other. She said it a few more times but that is it. She is waiting until another time to let us hear that! I do admit, it brought tears to my eyes. So very sweet!

I have been taking lots of pictures so I will post some random shots taken over the last week or so. Hope you enjoy them!
Happy

NOT happy

Playing with an envelope

Happy girl

Sitting with Cooper

The stare down

Dakota and Emma Kate

In her jammies ready for bed

She got the remote and is pushing buttons

Watching sports with daddy

Sound asleep

Sweet baby!

Here is a short video of Emma Kate and Calvin coming up the steps.
Sorry it is a little blurry but you get the idea!

That's it for us now. Hopefully all those first things will be old hat next time I blog. Like crawling, she is all over the place crawling now. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment