Wednesday, November 17, 2010

October

Well, I have been terrible about posting once a week. I will try to play catch up now and try to get back on a schedule. We had our friends Mat and Catherine who live in Charleston come into town for a visit in October. They had not met Emma Kate yet so that was lots of fun. Emma Kate really does well with visitors and loves to interact with people. Sometimes it takes her a little bit to warm up to someone, but once she does...watch out! She will be all over you! During the time that Mat and Catherine came, we all went out to a nice dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Calvin and I have been married for 11 years now. Our anniversary date is bittersweet to me. It is also my father's birthday. I thought getting married on his birthday was such a great idea. Since he died in 2004, the date has been a bit sad for me. I try to think of some way to celebrate him instead of mourning his passing. Anyway, here are some pictures from when Mat and Catherine were here. I also included some pictures from our wedding since we have been together for 11 years.

Catherine, Emma Kate and Mat

The guys

The girls


Our little family

1999- Our wedding party

1999- My dad walking me down the aisle


HALLOWEEN

I just LOVE halloween! It has always been a fun time of the year for me. I love the cooler weather with the leaves changing colors, the crisp air and as a child I loved to go trick or treating. Now I love all the decorations and pumpkins. I found a cute giraffe costume for Emma Kate to wear for Halloween. I had her try it on a number of times so that once Halloween came, she would not want to wear it or be afraid of it. She did not seem to mind the costume at all. On Halloween night, I took her out in her stroller (she is too heavy for me to carry around the neighborhood) and we went to some of the neighbors to trick or treat. She did really great! She did not really seem to get the whole idea but after a few houses, she was understanding the idea of reaching her hand in to the bowl and grabbing the candy. She did not get to eat any of the candy but she seemed to have a good time. She had one piece of candy clinched in her hand for most of the night. Once we got home and pryed it out of her hand, it had melted into an odd shape. Here are some pictures of her in her costume and some other pictures in Halloween related clothes.

Ready for trick or treating!


No comments:

Post a Comment